Live chat by BoldChat

Gozo - Xewkija Parish Church

The history about Xewkija parish church in Gozo

The Xewkija  parish church was built in 1952 around the former church that stood on the same spot. The parish church is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist and is actually the first parish outside the town in Gozo. The 75 metre high and beautiful dome was build with the help of the donations of the local fishermen and farmers back in 1952 and is now one of the largest domes in Europe.

The Xewkija parish church was consecrated on 17 June 1978 and has enjoyed Archipresbyteral since 1893.

Parish priest: Mgr Carmelo Mercieca

Holly Masses at the Xewkija parish church:

Sundays and Feast days: 05:30, 06:30, 07:30, 08:30, 09:30, 11:00, 15:30 (winter), 16:30 (summer),
Weekdays05:30, 06:00, 06:45, 09:00, 17:30, 18:15 (winter), 19:00 (summer) 15:30 (summer), 16:30 (winter)

Xewkija +356 2155 6793 San Gwann Square, Xewkija, Gozo