Anglican Cathedral of St. Paul
A beautiful place of worship
The Anglican Cathedral of St. Paul is a church located in the Independence Square in Valletta, at the bottom of Archbishop Street. The Anglican Cathedral of St. Paul was built by the widow of King William IV between 1839 and 1844. The cathedral stands on the site where the Auberge d’Allemegne used to be; however this was demolished to allow space for this Valletta landmark.
As it name states, the cathedral is dedicated to St. Paul. It has a massive steeple rising 65 metres high; a prominent spot in Valletta’s skyline. Built in the neo-classical style, the Cathedral’s facade and exterior are plain, with simple Ionic pillars, contrasting with the sophisticated Corinthian columns in the aisles.
Sundays and Feast Days: 07:00, 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:45, 18:00
Valletta Church 74 St Paul’s Street, Valletta, Malta UNESCO site ? no Daily 09:00-13:30 firstname.lastname@example.org +356 2122 3348